Students can earn diplomas and degrees in interior design from a design school or technical college, such as a Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) degree from TAFE NSW.
- You study planning, supplying and furnishing commercial and home interior spaces.
- Additionally, students learn the subtleties of interior lighting, acoustics, colour coordination and integrating systems.
- Students at an internal decor school also learn design technologies, such as computer application drafting and how to do graphic design.
- That’s not all though. Internal decor also covers textiles and textile finishing
- There is also the history of internal decor and the different period styles.
Interior design students should normally be creative, energized and curious. Internal decor is a creative career with many possible paths. Your goal as a professional is to transform plain areas into functional and, hopefully, beautiful spaces that meet the specifications of clients.
After you’ve got your interior design college degree, you need to choose whether to work for yourself or a design firm. If you’re only just starting in the workforce, you likely will need the resources and experience an established design firm can offer. Starting your own business or consultancy may be a future option.
Design students come to understand that there are many naturally occurring materials that can be employed in your house that are eco-friendly and offer health benefits.
- One example is flooring. You can choose alternatives to carpet and linoleum flooring. An option is to use reclaimed or locally produced timber for hardwood flooring. You may also use bamboo flooring.
- You can so use of ‘nature’s light ‘ to get the light required in a space with minimal energy use.
When you decide that you need to go green with your internal design, it actually is about finding smart alternative choices to standard materials and furnishing options.